All attendees must be pre-registered and paid by September 1, 2017.
Directions to Camp Burton:
• Google Maps
• Camp Burton Website
Registered attendees may arrive at Camp Burton on Vashon Island any time on Thursday, October 5, 2017. Find your way to the main lodge, Burton Lodge. Flute vendors will start setting up as they arrive beginning around 1:00pm. Come early to check out the flutes and get first opportunity to purchase some great instruments. Check-in and housing assignments will be ready around 2:00pm. If you arrive earlier, feel free to explore the island or have a walk on the beach. The first scheduled event is the evening meal around 5:30pm.
What to bring
- Our general session classes will use G-minor flutes for group playing. So be sure to put a G-minor flute in with the other flutes you’ll be bringing. If you don’t have a G-minor flute, don’t worry, others will let you borrow.
- Bring whatever other keys of flutes that you’d like to play. Bring didgeridoo if you want to work on didgeridoo with Pam. Other instruments are welcome too… percussion, guitar, kalimba, etc. There will be opportunities to play with others, open mic playing and lots of nature to just get away and play.
- Linens and bedding are provided in the cabins and retreat center. But, if you think you might prefer your own towels, blanket or pillows, feel free to bring them.
- Bring toiletries like soap and shamp00.
- Coming to the Northwest this time of year is anyone’s guess as to rainfall and temperature. Expect the temps to range from 60-80 for highs and 40-50 for lows. The dress code is casual and layered. There will be outdoor opportunities during the weekend, so come prepared for short hikes, canoeing (if there’s a lifeguard), and walks on the beach. Rain gear is often useful.
Our closing circle follows breakfast on Sunday, October 8. We will finish up by 11:00am. Be sure to allow time to catch the ferry off the island when making your arrangements for traveling home.