All attendees must be registered and paid in advance. Walk-ins, on-site registration or on-site payment are not available.
Our retreat takes place at Camp Burton, 9326 SW Bayview Drive on Vashon Island, WA 98070. If you are flying in, the nearest airport is Seattle-Tacoma International. You can reach the Island by ferry, a 20-minute drive from the airport. Use Google Maps to get directions, including the ferry, for your route.
Registered attendees may arrive at Camp Burton on Vashon Island any time on Monday. Activity will start around noon – 1pm when flute makers arrive to set up. If you arrive earlier, feel free to explore the island, have a walk on the beach, or find a place to make music.
Find your way to the main lodge, Burton Lodge. Flute vendors will start setting up as they arrive. Come early to check out the flutes and to catch up with friends as they arrive.
Check-in and housing assignments will be ready around 2:00pm.
The first scheduled event is the evening meal around 5:30pm.
What to bring
- Our general session classes will use G-minor flutes for group playing. So be sure to put a G-minor flute in with the other flutes you’ll be bringing. Our flute makers will have some lovely G-minor flutes if you need to purchase one.
- Bring whatever other keys of flutes that you’d like to play.
- Bring didgeridoo if you want to work on didgeridoo with Pam.
- There will be drumming opportunities. So, bring drums and percussion instruments if you like.
- Other instruments are welcome too. There will be opportunities to play with others, open mic playing and lots of nature to just get away and play.
- Linens and bedding are provided in the cabins and retreat center. But, if you think you might prefer your own towels, blanket or pillows, feel free to bring them.
- Bring toiletries like soap and shampoo.
- Coming to the Northwest this time of year is anyone’s guess as to rainfall and temperature. Expect the temps to range from 60-80 for highs and 40-50 for lows. The dress code is casual and layered. Rain gear can be useful.
- There will be outdoor opportunities during your stay, so come prepared for short hikes, canoeing (if there’s a lifeguard), and walks on the beach.
- There are no refrigerators in the cabins or retreat center rooms. However there is a community refrigerator in Burton Lodge that is available for your use.
Our closing circle follows breakfast on the final day. We will finish up by 11:00am. Be sure to allow time to catch the ferry off the island when making your arrangements for traveling home.